Celebrate Plaidurday on October 4, 2013
October 4, 2013 marks the 3rd annual Worldwide Celebration of Plaid.
Together we can all make a difference and support plaid. From lumberjacks to hipsters, fashionistas to snowboarders, and everyone in between we share a common thread. For some of us it’s glen plaid, for some it’s a traditional tartan, for some a monochrome gingham, for some it’s a bold buffalo, and for others it’s madras.
No matter the thread count or the stripe count, we share a bond of perpendicular stripes, stripes both ways at a 90 degree angle. You won’t find any argyle here. No obtuse angles, no acute angles, only right angles.
How you can Celebrate Plaidurday
- Wear plaid of course!
- Hug someone while wearing your plaid shirt
- Donate your old plaid shirts to a homeless shelter
- Dig out an old plaid shirt you haven’t worn in years
- Give someone a plaid shirt
- Compliment someone else’s plaid
- Encourage someone wearing argyle to try out plaid
- Encourage someone wearing only horizontal stripes to try adding vertical stripes
- Look good, feel good, and spread happiness!
- Invite your friends to celebrate with you
- Upload a photo of yourself wearing plaid
- Throw a Plaidurday party or organize a plaid-wearing bar outing!
- We’ll help promote it! Just let us know.